Proper Security Screening Process
If you are in charge of making sure that you will be able to screen people from entering buildings, then your best bet would be to use good metal detectors at the entry of your building for best results. Of course, no matter the quality of your metal detector, you will need to make sure that you use the correct screening procedures in order to make sure that you get the best possible result.
Hence, while there may be many metal detectors for sale, you will need to follow certain security protocols and thus buy metal detectors which are in compliance with these protocols. So, what would be the correct security protocols to implement in these situations:
– Make sure to create a narrower entrance at the entry points to the building to make sure that you steer people toward the entry points. You will need to be careful to see that any other point of entry is barricaded or blocked to make certain that everyone gets screened at the entry points. This way everyone will have to pass through the security procedure which will minimize the risks of someone entering with a weapon.
– You will probably want to have some sort of a body type metal scanner, which will allow you to process large numbers of people in short periods of time. You can set the sensitivity in such a way that having a certain amount of metal will automatically generate a warning signal which will warn the security personnel.
– You should use handheld scanners on people who have been flagged by the body size scanner to make sure that they are not carrying weapons.
– You should have some sort of an X-Ray detection device to screen bags and other containers that people may be carrying with them to flag any suspicious items.
– You would need to have security personnel who have been trained to use all of the equipment carefully in order to make sure that you get the best possible results. If you have the budget, then it is usually a good idea to have a supervisor who can oversee everything to micromanage as needed.
Thus, by using the processes above, you can be sure that you will have the necessary security screening protocols in place to protect the location that you are responsible for.